Toy Story Movie Night Snack: Alien Rice Krispy Treats
Movies are a passion of mine. Particularly Disney movies. I started watching them when I was 2-years-old and I haven’t stopped since. I spent entire summers watching Disney movies on VHS with my sister. Now I’m passing the tradition on to my kids. Except now there are so many more movies in our collection.
Movie nights are huge in our home. Every Friday we look forward to a night in front of our big screen with popcorn and a movie we may or may not have seen before. But every now and then we’re trying to add in a little something extra. A special treat to go with the movie experience. Themed to the film we’re planning to watch. Recently we made blue Jasmine donuts to eat while watching the live action Aladdin. Those donuts are perfect for an Aladdin party snack, or for a movie night like our own.
Cooking isn’t one of my passions. But my kids–At least two of them, really seem to enjoy it. I don’t want to stifle their dreams so I’m putting in a little effort to help encourage their hobby. One of my stipulations for the treats we make is they HAVE to be easy. Not many ingredients. And simple enough that even my kids could make on my own. My oldest loves playing in the kitchen so this is a fun way for us all to bond together before the movie. I am very passionate about family bonding.
This week we made Toy Story Rice Krispy Treats. These could be used as Toy Story party treats or snacks for a Toy Story movie night. For this, pretty much all you need are some paper straws*, Rice Krispy Treats, and some chocolate. These should be easy things ot add to your grocery pickup order, or buy while you’re out shopping for Toy Story party supplies. Here’s the recipe!
Toy Story Desserts: Alien Rice Krispy Treats
Toy Story Alien Rice Krispy Treats
A simple and delicious chocolate-covered treat the whole family will love. Perfect for a Toy Story birthday party. Or a Toy Story family movie night.
- 8 Pre-Made Rice Krispy Treats
- 8 Paper Straws
- 1 ¼ Cup Green Candy Melts
- 24 Candy Eyes
- Black Drawing Gel or Frosting
- Wax Paper
- Wide Mouth Mason Jar or Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
1. Place your sheet of wax paper of the cookie sheet and unwrap the rice krispy treats.
2. Push a paper straw into the bottom middle of each treat and make sure it goes almost all the way to the top for optimum support.
3. Place the candy melts in the mason jar and microwave in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between until they’re creamy with no lumps.
4. Stick each rice krispy treat in the jar and cover it evenly about ¾ of the way down. You may need to use your spoon to help you.
5. Gently tap each treat on the side of the jar to remove excess chocolate and place back on the wax paper
6. Immediately add three candy eyes to each treat before letting them harden.
7. Once dry, use your black drawing gel to put a mouth on each one and your treats are ready to eat!
I added the ingredients to my grocery pickup order for convenience and price. If you want the items shipped to your door I have the main ingredients listed below.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wilton 704-0144 Black Cookie Icing, Multicolor
Green Paper Drink Straws Biodegradable - Value Pack 100 Pcs Eco-frendly Straws Bulk for Party Supplies | Birthday | Wedding | Bridal | Baby Shower | DIY Idea (Green)
Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats Original Marshmallow Bars - Classic Kid School Snack, Value Pack, Single Serve (16 Count)
Wilton Candy Melts Dark Green 12-Ounce, (Pack of 2)
Wilton 710-7236 Mini Candy Eyeballs, 24 Count
Now Toy Story 4 is streaming on Disney+ along with the other three Toy Story movies. So you could make these before a Toy Story movie marathon. If you haven’t seen it yet, check out our Toy Story 4 review.
As you can probably gather from our pictures, my kids had a lot of fun making these treats to go along with the movie. No real skill required and they’re delicious. If you melt the whole bag of chocolate like we did and have extra, use it to dip some pretzels or fruit in. That what we did and it was some of the best chocolate covered strawberries I’d ever had!
Give the recipes a try? Let us know how you liked it!
*This post contains referral links. Purchases made using one of my links may result in a small commission on my part.
Tags: cooking, movie night, movie night snacks, movie snacks, toy story
Leave a Reply