Baby carriers anyone? If you missed my MomTV show last week shame on you. I showed off this awesome carrier which I cannot wait to tote Ladybug around in.
We have a sling, a couple of wraps a mei tai, and an Organic Lillebaby EveryWear Baby Carrier. Out of all of them I must say this one feel the most secure, sturdy, and hard core. Granted, I don’t have MY baby to try in all of them, I have tested them out on some other little ones, and I’ve been practicing getting them all on and off.
Note: My penguin has no legs, it’s not the same proportion as a baby, and I’m 8 months preggo so you’re not getting the FULL effect here, but you can see it none the less.
One thing I love about this carrier is that there’s four different ways you can wear it, so you don’t need a different carrier for each position, it’s all in one!
2) Front outward facing: Once your baby is able to support their head to about 25 lbs, you can have your child face outward.
3) Hip Carrier: As your baby grows (15-43 lbs), you can give your child a ride on your hip with this carrier position. Note: Although we love the high weight limit, our 40 lb child is walking – not riding on our hip!
4) Back Carrier: When your child is able to sit independently (6+ months) to 43 lbs, you can give him a ride and support him on your back with this position.
Red Haute Mama – red with cream lining
Essential Black – black with black lining
Cocoa Couture – chocolate with cream lining
Whole Latte Love – latte with cream lining
I’m personally glad they don’t have pink cause I’d be sure to have gotten that one and my husband would refuse to wear it. They were smart in deciding these gender-neutral colors!
Other Lillebaby EveryWear™ Features:
• Allows the child’s legs to be at a 90% angle to support an optimal sitting position for hip, pelvis and spine growth.
• Disperses the child’s weight between their hips and thighs to minimize spine compression.
• Gentle Motion Suspension System™ absorbs child’s weight and movement
• Balances the baby’s weight to parent’s hips and shoulders
• Alleviates physical stress for the parent
Comfortable for Both Parent and Child:
• Dual-density foam-padded waist belt is pre-curved to hug the hips and provide greater comfort and load-carrying control.
• Padding continues under buckle to shield hips from the impact of the buckle.
• Shoulder pads inspired by High Performance back packs for maximum comfort and air flow.
• Removable and adjustable shoulder pads to fit a wide range of body types.
• High back supports baby’s head.
• Adjustable Chest strap with Double Response Suspension System makes the EveryWear easy to get on and off.
• Two front pockets for keys or cell phone.
• Zippered pocket fits most diapers and wipe holders.
• 100% Jersey cotton hood to cover baby’s head.
• Soft lining and 100% lightweight microfiber exterior is wind and water repellent.
• Enforced edges for strength and durability.
• Available accessories: Infant Cradle & Harness, Sling Converter, Waist Extension Strap and Storage Bag.
I’ve stuffed the little pocket and it can fit a diaper too! My husband also likes the carrier and I can totally picture him carrying Spawnie around like “mini me” as he says. Ours, the organic kind is made with bamboo and organic cotton and it also has some nice extra padding on the shoulder straps. I’m pretty sure I’ll be making Spawnie walk her own little butt around when she weighs 40lbs but it’s nice to know that if we’re going on a hike or something together and she gets tired we’ll be able to pop her in here for a long time.
There’s also a really fun contest going on this summer where you show off you and your little ones in the carrier to win some more prizes in their “Scandinavian Child I Am Everwear Challenge“
–Leave a piece of New Mama advice (I’m gonna print them on cards later!)
-If you RSVPd to the shower
-Post about this giveaway on your blog