Are you ready for this easy Tutu Dress tutorial for the next installation of What I’m Making Monday?
Before Lil’ J was born I already had about six tutus and three tutu dresses made for her. I posted a tutu making tutorial already, but tutu dresses are even more fun, especially for little babies and in my opinion, they’re easier to make! So here’s are my instructions for how to make a tutu dress.
I didn’t want to pay $40+ for something I could make for $5 so I learned how to make them myself.
First, what you’ll need is tulle, a crocheted tube top (which can be made of you cut the tie at the end of a big beanie, or you can buy 6in crocheted headbands here), tulle, scissors, and whatever embellishments you want: flowers, ribbon, etc.
1. Cut the tulle in lengths that you like. I buy my tulle by the roll at Hobby Lobby. It’s rolled up 6in wide which is perfect for tutus. Then I cut the strips 20in long since it’ll be folded in half and become a 10in tutu.
2. Fold a tulle strip in half, and push the hoop part through a bottom crochet hole in the tutu top.
3. Pull the other end of the tulle through the loop to make a easy knot, pull it tight.
4. Repeat all the way around the crocheted top.
Update: NEW Disney Princess Tutu Dress Tutorials
If you want an extra entry (or just feel like showing off your creation), participate in What I’m Making Monday. Link up your What I’m Making post!
(I’m still getting used to this Linky thing, so bare with me while I try to figure this stuff out!)
* This post contains affiliate links.