So my baby has been served! S/he got his/her eviction notice this afternoon and has to be out or get kicked out by Monday morning.
I think baby got the message loud and clear though cause things are starting to pick up. I’m about 4cm dilated and just waiting for labor to kick in. In fact, a couple of hours ago I started having much stronger and more consistent contractions. I’ve been timing them and they’re about 5-8 minutes and pretty intense right? I messaged my photographer and texted my friends on standby to watch Lil’ J. Contractions are still going. I finish writing a post for BabyCenter. Contractions are still going. I go wake up my husband and tell him we may need to start getting our crap together to go to the hospital, and whatdoyaknow, things slow down. Well, not totally. But the last one went from being consistently five minutes apart to being 14 minutes from the last. That’s right, I’m live blogging this my friends (well, not the whole time, just right now).
I keep thinking “this can’t be it… I’m going to get induced” or “I remember this hurting a bit more on pitocin” but I’m also trying not to compare the two too much in case this IS it. I’m not sure I’ll believe this is it until I’m begging for an epidural, but maybe it’s smarter if I call someone before then? Oy, this is mighty different than last time.
As much as I’d like to take this opportunity to finish putting up vinyl on the nursery walls, and sew a couple more burp cloths–I’m thinking it may be best if I TRY to sleep (if I can sleep), and finish that fun stuff in the morning. Ya, I don’t think I’m gonna chance going to work again. I have a strange fear of my water breaking at work.