Darling Daughter,

You are eight months old today, and to celebrate, on the eve of your eight-month birthday you said “Mama” in front of me and your dad. I’ve heard you say it before but only when you’re really tired, or getting angry. I wish you said it when you are happy like you do when you say “Dada.”

Rosa Tile Ruffle Twirl Dress c/o Tea Collection; Homemade bow

Your personality is booming. You seem to be smiling most of the time, you are so curious and wanting to get into everything. You don’t have any problem with strangers, and enjoy meeting new people.

You love to laugh, and love to play. You would be happiest if we sang and danced all day long.

You started to crawl last week and you are starting to enjoy being put down more than ever. You still like Mommy to hold you, but you don’t mind being set down and playing with your toys too. You are also starting to pull yourself up from a sitting position. You aren’t real good at it yet but you try.

When I clap and say “Yaaaay!” you clap, smile and yell too. And you are so proud of yourself for doing that. You just started doing that this last week. It’s amazing watching you learn.

Wild Child Giraffe Dress c/o Lollipop Moon; Homemade hair bow

You have two teeth and like to use it to chomp and eat whatever food you can get your hands on. I’m still making your baby food but haven’t been experimenting with it as much as I should. You love sweet potatoes and bananas. I’d like to experiment more this month and give you more creative meals because I’m sure you’d like it.

I’m finally starting to accept the fact that you’re growing. You have two teeth and are getting so tall. In another four months you’ll be ONE. That’s so insane and a little sad at the same time. It seems like just yesterday I had you and we were lounging around together during my maternity leave. I love every new stage but long for the last. It’s sad to think I’ll never get these moments back. Never have time alone with my one and only baby girl. So I’m relishing every single moment. Even moments at 1am when you randomly want to play. I don’t mind as long as I’m off the next day. It still makes me laugh even if I have work a few hours later.

You still haven’t had to use any formula yet and I’m thinking we won’t have to now. Breastfeeding is going really well, and now that you’re eating more real food, I don’t have to pump as much at work to keep up. It’s perfect. I never thought we’d be able to make it this far.

Songbird Banded Dress (left) c/o Tea Collection; Campanillas Banded Dress (top right) c/o Tea Collection; Headband:Sumos

I love dressing you up every day. I’m so glad I had you first because girls clothing is the best. It’s like I gave up my sense of style and gave it all to you. Every morning I’m home with you I like to pick out your outfit, a matching bow, and if I have time, take a few photos before I go to work. It’s funny because people told me not to get you too many clothes but I’ve realized there’s no such thing for me and you. I don’t care if you only wear a dress once or twice, it’s still worth it to me. Sometimes I even change your outfit halfway through the day just to give you a fresh look and to play dress up.

I feel like I’m ordering you a new outfit almost every day. It’s my addiction, but it doesn’t feel bad because it’s for you, and I am really good about finding good deals. I’m saving them all because I love them so much and someday maybe a little sister of yours can wear them.

Now your hair is also getting a lot longer. I’m having fun styling it and doing different things with it. You look so adorable in pig tails. I think you will have really long hair like your mommy.

Citron Flora Playdress c/o Tea Collection; Hair clippies from Walmart

Every day I wonder what you’ll be like when you grow up. I think you are going to be very smart. As your mother it’s my job to think this, but I’ll humor you with my explanation anyway. You are very aware and alert and have been from day one. You learn things so quickly too. You sign milk now when you want to nurse, instead of crying, and you understand other signs I say to you. I can’t wait to see what you learn next.

I just hope we can compromise on things. I can already tell you are learning how to get what you want. I’m not sure when you went from not being capable of being spoiled to being completely used to getting what you want and fussing when you don’t, but we’re going to work on that.

I’ve been doing a lot of medical stories lately and every time I see a woman scientist I think about you and wonder if you might be a scientist some day. I wonder what you’ll want to be when you grow up. I want you to know you can be anything you want to be. No matter what people say to you about your looks, gender, or anything, you can accomplish whatever you set your mind and heart to, and I’ve got your back. Set your goals high, write them down, and visit them often. You can do anything.

I love you baby girl, thank you so much for giving me a reason to better myself, and love life even more. We’ve got some good times ahead.

Love,

Mommy

I can’t believe it but my baby is all grown up now. Well, this 8-month-old is now 8 YEARS old, and she has a baby sister. What’s being a mom of a 9-month-old like 8 years later? I have a new letter to my third baby. You can read that letter right here.

A big sister and baby sister sharing a kiss

YUMMommy says:

Aww…I think she is starting to look more like her dad now especially in that last pic. I think babies don’t say mama right off the bat because we always know when they are talking to us. They call out to those who probably don’t listen as intently as we mothers do.

what a sweet letter. She is adorable and those dresses are to die for!!! Happy 8 months!

Your letters to her always make me teary eyed, but this one did especially. I am certain that when she is an adult, you will be the best of friends. Your relationship is already so beautiful.

Candice says:

She is so cute!! Can’t believe she is 8 months old already!

Jennifer says:

Wow. Just wow.

And in that last photo I totally see a resemblance to her dad (from the earlier posted photo). I’ve always thought she looks like you, but in that one she looks like him.

Jen J. says:

She is just too precious – love all the dresses! Dressing up little girls is SO much fun, isn’t it?! I am saving all the links you posted for the outfits (thanks for that btw). Happy 8 month bday little one!

Jess says:

Happy 8 month birthday!!! 🙂

Mrs. D says:

shes SO cute!! wow, 8 months already. time really does fly, as cliche as it sounds. aobut the blog book, i usually publish it without the comments (since that takes a lot of space) and I havent tried blurb but i think i will, since i believe it will be a few bucks cheaper. you should print it off! I do mine every 6 months (you can set a certain time period for it to print out) but you could do it more frequently (I try to space out when i print it out on months that we are well underbudget). I DEFINATELY recommend it to you, especially since you write lil j those darling love notes, she will love it when she is older! She is quite a fashionable diva!

PS I love your “he says, she says”… i think they are hysterical!!

That is a wonderful letter. Please save them, and give them to her when she gets older. Also, her headbands are so cute!!

tracie says:

I know this is off topic but where do you get her dresses?? I need those! 🙂

Steff says:

I wish I could have her wardrobe, holy heck it’s so adorable!

Chantel says:

Those pigtails are just precious! She is adorable. I don’t blame you for buying so many clothes either. There are SO many options for girls. I had a boy first, so when I found out I was having a girl my second time, I went CRAZY. I mean, there’s dresses and skirts and shorts and t-shirts and jeans..SO MANY OPTIONS!!! My 16 month old is a boy, so I was a little bummed that I couldn’t make him wear all the cute dresses I had. But, I packed them all away to give to my daughter later.

Huda says:

love your sweet letters to her, it almost sounds like a serenade. I can just imagine this turning into a journal/book for her to read and appreciate more as she gets older.

Emily Kate says:

THat last photo of her might be my favorite you’ve ever posted of her! It’s really great composition and because her outfit is simple (and love the piggy tails!) my eye immediately goes to that precious face. So cute!

Excellent overcome! I must novice whilst you change your website, how do i signed up for a weblog web-site? A accounts taught me to be some sort of appropriate deal. I was a small amount recognizable of this a person’s transmit presented vivid transparent concept

Intkhab Ch says:

HI
This is a great article.you have done a great work. This article is so informative for me.
Thanks for sharing good wor