Jumping right into this list (I’ll start with 1 but I’m not sure I’ll go in order) of 30 things my kids should know about me (or perhaps will like to read someday), I’ll start with listing 20 random facts about myself.
1. I love fruit, almost every kind. In fact, I can’t think of a fruit I don’t like.
2. I’m not a perfectionist. Especially when it comes to crafts and things of that sort. I’m definitely a “looks good enough” kind of gal.
3. I know quite a bit of Spanish. I studied it for 6 years, but I’m too embarrassed to use it.
4. Spiders are my worst fear. No matter how small, I’m terrified.
5. Ialways go for the French manicure for my finger nails. And red or pink polish for my toes.
6. I can’t handle scary movies. I’ll have nightmares for days and have to sleep with the TV or light on.
7. I don’t cuss. Ok, sometimes I do, but not in front of other people.
8. I’m very sensitive, and I don’t have very thick skin.
9. I used to chop up worms when I was a kid, and watch the different pieces keep moving.
10. I can’t snap my fingers.
11. I’m extremely indecisive. It can take me 20 minutes to choose a toothpaste. Fortunately having a child has forced me to be quicker at these type of decisions.
12. I used to think Abraham Lincoln was black. Maybe because he appears brown on the penny, and because he helped free the slaves.
13. I can’t swim.
14. I don’t like having any appendages hanging off the edge of the bed as I sleep. Not even a toe.
15. I was a cheerleader in middle and high school, but if I could go back I would take up volleyball.
16. Instead of “eating away my sorrows” I prefer retail therapy.
17. I have a love/hate relationship with sleep. I love feeling rested, but I hate feeling like I could have accomplished more had I only slept less.
18. I’m a helpless optimist. I really and truly wish that everyone could get along, or at least try to see things from another point of view. I think the world needs more compassion and empathy.
19. I’m extremely good at hula hooping. Even if I get five of them going and walk around (though I’m not so good while pregnant).
20. I have the most horrible directional sense. Thank heavens for GPS, even though I still get lost with it’s help.