If you’re a Disney fan and heavily involved in social media… Particularly Twitter, then you know that this #DisneySMMC is all about. I mean, it’s trending #1 in the USA. If you’re neither, or just one of the above, you may not have a clue. So let me take a moment to fill you in.
The Disney Social Media Moms Celebration is a once-a-year invite-only conference at one of the Disney Parks for people to come together, be inspired, and learn even more about Disney and their mission.
This of course is just based on what I’ve heard. I haven’t been invited. The last couple years I saw the hashtag abuzz and hadn’t a clue of how people were chosen. Does Disney know how huge of a fan I am? Does Disney even decide go stays and who goes? I have no idea.
But since I had just gotten back from my family’s first visit to Disney World, (which ignited a vocal spark that had been somewhat dormant for some time)–and I had happened to be sharing what I had learned around the same timing as this conference, I thought maybe this year some of the powers that be would notice how freaking OBSESSED I am, and that I’d get an email.
Emails went out tonight. And my inbox is empty. Well, actually it’s full. But it’s empty of the so called “Pixie Dust.”
It’s cool though. I’m ok. And rumor has it there’s still a chance of more emails going out so I’m holding onto hope. And regardless I’m do or die Disney FOREVA! Tonight has been quite the emotional roller coaster though. Here are 10 things I may or may not have done.
1. Cried: Eye makeup EVERYWHERE.
2. Begged my husband: To let me book a Disney Cruise as a consolation, tonight!
3. Sincerely congratulated everyone: Without an ounce of jealousy (hey, I was just there!).
4. Found out that OTR stands for: “on the road” not “over the rainbow.” I can apply to attend their breakout conference later in the year.
5. Learned that going to the conference: Has nothing to do with exploring the secret underground tunnel system… And that I can just buy a tour on our next trip if I want.
7. Checked my email: 200 times… Just in case.
8. Prescribed myself: Some Disney Therapy by ordering this necklace.
Ok here’s a tip, I didn’t do one of these things, can you guess which one? Did you get invited? How long have you been a hopeful?