I am so happy having two kids. The perfect pair of my dreams (seriously). I don’t want to have to get a huge car, or give up the spare room, or the amount of time I get to spend with each of my kids individually. I like to dream about future family vacations around the world, as a family of four. And to be honest, I don’t know if I could handle another little boy.
We’re done. I’m pretty sure. Not 100% positive, but close. I’ve started selling off the baby stuff, and I’m happy being a mom of just two, but there are a few things that make me wonder if I’m in denial. Ok 10 things. Here they are…
1. When I have a dream about having more than two children, they aren’t nightmares.
2. When someone asks me if we’re done I can’t just say “YES.” It’s “probably” or “I’m pretty sure” or “my husband is!”
3. I forbid my husband get the vasectomy for another four years.
4. Sometimes I get inexplicably jealous of my friends who get pregnant while on birth control.
5. I worry 20 years from now I’ll wish I had one (or two) more.
6. Occasionally I panic that my IUD has failed or fallen out without me knowing, and for a split second I think it wouldn’t be so bad.
7. I keep adding names to my baby name list.
8. Most days I feel “two and through” but some days I don’t.
9. Pictures of my kids as infants sets off a hint of baby fever.
10. The thought of praying about it (and the answer I might get) terrifies me.
When did you know you were DONE done?