10 baby milestones to get on video
From your baby’s first day in your arms, to her first steps. There’s a lot that flies by. If you want to remember it in as much detail as you can, you are probably rapidly taking photos. But what about video? Today I’m sharing 10 milestones you’ll definitely want to catch on video.
1 and 2 are easy: Christmas/ first holidays, and birthday
But these other eight you may not have thought of
3. Birth day: As in the day she’s born. Some of those sweet moments from the first day you meet. You’ll never get that back, but at least you can watch it over and over again.
4. Laughing: What makes your baby laugh? Do it, and have your camera ready.
5. Crying: It sounds wrong, but it’s so cute if you do it right. Babies cry a lot, sometimes they’re tired or gassy, but when it’s caused by teething it’s good to have Baby Orajel™ Naturals Teething Tablets on hand. And while they’re taking effect, and you’re soothing your baby, record a little bit of those soft baby cries.
6. Crawling: Did your baby have a funny crawl like my daughter? A photo only gives you a glimpse of how it was, but a video puts the memory in full focus.
7. First Foods: What’s your baby’s favorite foods? Are they a messy or a neat eater?
8. Walking: while you may not catch your baby’s very first steps, the first few weeks of learning how to walk look pretty similar. When you see he’s starting to try, keep your camera (or phone) on hand.
9. Talking: From those sweet coo sounds to first words, record your favorites.
10. Favorite Things: Either your favorite things, or your babies’. Do you love bath time? Going on walks? Swinging? You’ll want to save some of those smiles. Remember you don’t need a fancy camera to record these moments, you can just use your cell phone which you know you always have on hand. If you start running out of space just email the videos to yourself and save it someplace else as a backup before you delete.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by the maker of Baby Orajel™ through CafeMom. I received compensation but all opinions and thoughts stated within this post are my own.
Tags: making memories last, videography
I missed a lot of those. I have a few, but I wish I had photos of more of them.
A few is better than nothing! I’m sure you’ll always cherish what you do have!
This is a great list of important milestones to get on camera. I caught a lot of these on camera, but I wish I also had them on video.
I love video because it takes you back to that exact scene. But photos are great too! And it’s never too late to start taking videos!
I need to make another list of everyday moments to get on video, cause there’s always something special to record that we can enjoy watching tomorrow.
What a good list. I managed to catch all of these
Great list! I think I have most of these on video, but I know for sure that I have them captured in photos!
I need to get all my video convertered for the computer and download them. Wish technology was easier
I was really good about taking images of my little people, I was not that great about video taking though!! I try to remember but always forget!
Video and on digital camera. I cannot wait baby 6 is due in December!
Definitely the first word/s , walking and the first Holiday. Babies grow up so fast and it’s great to look back on important memories
Isn’t it a blast?
This is a great list of Firsts to be sure to catch on film! I wish I had more video of my girls when they were babies!
I need to do another video like this soon of everyday moments to capture with our kids! Babies are fun but there’s so much more to enjoy 🙂
We bought our first camcorder after my daughter had passed most of these stages. It would have been great to have video of these moments.
How old is your daughter now? It’s never too late to capture family gatherings and fun times on video to look back and enjoy for years to come! 🙂
Love these ideas. I need to get more video of my kids- I take lots of pics but not enough video!
It’s hard for me to always remember to do video too. But lately I’m finding I’m going the other way. I forgot to take pictures at my son’s party but took so much video! haha.
Yep, definitely a good list of firsts that you don’t want to miss! Especially if it’s your first child!
So true! I love getting it on video with each of my kiddos and comparing their milestones and quirks too.
I know a lot of the things on this list I witnessed with my daughter. I wish I had had a video camera back then to capture them all!
I do love to catch the little ones smiling on video. Doesn’t matter when you view them either…immediately, when they’re grown or any time in between, it still melts your heart. 🙂
Totally agree Rosey! We love looking at the pictures any day. My kids have a hoot seeing themselves too!
Back when son was born we didn’t have videos and cell phones handy but I caught I few on camera. I wish I had more but I treasure the ones I have.
I’m so glad you treasure the ones you have. It’s definitely an advantage these days to have all this capabilities on our phones. Even from my daughter to my son, technology has improved a lot.
I definitely missed a lot of moments with my first. I got smart and hired a birth photographer with my second, but then she was born so fast that we missed that too! Luckily, I’m never far from my camera these days. (But my kids are catching on, and now they run and hide!)
Haha, maybe give them the camera/phone and see if they enjoy taking some of the video themselves! I bet they’d get a hoot seeing what they captured.
I wish I would of seen this post earlier. I took pictures but it would be awesome to have those milestones on video.
Never too late! Videos are fun anytime, and there’s always nieces/nephews and grandkids 😉
I have most of these filmed. Question is: What do I do now?!! Do I put them together? Which program do you use? I don’t want them to all get lost among my photos.
Miri, depending on how many you have, I’d edit them into a little video. Maybe year by year or child by child. I use Final Cut Pro, but you can also use a program like iMovie, Adobe Premiere or Windows Movie Maker. There are also online websites that can mash them together like Animoto. Do you have an iphone? You can use iMovie on your phone too.
Thanks for the reply. I don’t have an iphone or mac. I do make videos for people using Cyberlink. I was just wondering if there was something that did the work for you 🙂
These are such good tips! I need to remember this for my new niece! Very sweet ideas.
I have pitcures of all these moments. They grow up and really want to know.
That’s so great you captured all these moments! I bet you and your kids will love them forever!
I lost a lot of my photos because of a traumatic event, but I have quite a few of those important moments. I’m grateful that I have those! They mean so much to me.