From your baby’s first day in your arms, to her first steps. There’s a lot that flies by. If you want to remember it in as much detail as you can, you are probably rapidly taking photos. But what about video? Today I’m sharing 10 milestones you’ll definitely want to catch on video.
1 and 2 are easy: Christmas/ first holidays, and birthday
But these other eight you may not have thought of
3. Birth day: As in the day she’s born. Some of those sweet moments from the first day you meet. You’ll never get that back, but at least you can watch it over and over again.
4. Laughing: What makes your baby laugh? Do it, and have your camera ready.
5. Crying: It sounds wrong, but it’s so cute if you do it right. Babies cry a lot, sometimes they’re tired or gassy, but when it’s caused by teething it’s good to have Baby Orajel™ Naturals Teething Tablets on hand. And while they’re taking effect, and you’re soothing your baby, record a little bit of those soft baby cries.
6. Crawling: Did your baby have a funny crawl like my daughter? A photo only gives you a glimpse of how it was, but a video puts the memory in full focus.
7. First Foods: What’s your baby’s favorite foods? Are they a messy or a neat eater?
8. Walking: while you may not catch your baby’s very first steps, the first few weeks of learning how to walk look pretty similar. When you see he’s starting to try, keep your camera (or phone) on hand.
9. Talking: From those sweet coo sounds to first words, record your favorites.
10. Favorite Things: Either your favorite things, or your babies’. Do you love bath time? Going on walks? Swinging? You’ll want to save some of those smiles. Remember you don’t need a fancy camera to record these moments, you can just use your cell phone which you know you always have on hand. If you start running out of space just email the videos to yourself and save it someplace else as a backup before you delete.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by the maker of Baby Orajel™ through CafeMom. I received compensation but all opinions and thoughts stated within this post are my own.