I have two amazing kids I occasionally take for granted. Sure I feed, teach and entertain them on a daily basis, but they teach me a lot too. And when I’m not exhausted or hiding from them in the bathroom, I tend to notice some pretty awesome qualities they possess. Here are a few to know about my son who is just shy of 16 months as of today.
1. He will most definitely blow raspberries on any bare belly he spots.
2. He has the coolest hair of any one year old I know.
3. He also has the most adorable smile, and super long eyelashes (ok he’s just darn cute). 4. When he greets you, it’s with a very deep “Hi!”
5. When it comes to coordination, he’s got it. He has a great arm, and great aim.
6. It’s almost impossible to look at him and not smile. I notice this as I walk with him anywhere.
7. Whenever he’s extremely squirmy while I’m changing his diaper, or not wanting to get into his carseat, I start singing a song… Usually the ABC song or BINGO and he calms down right away. Finally, someone likes my singing. 8. He will take the challenge and slide down any slide, no matter how high. But you have to count to three so he knows it’s his cue.9. He’s a very perceptive people watcher, and can pick up new mannerisms very quickly. He picked up his sister’s dolls, started bobbing them and mimicking the high-pitched voices we use when we play dolls.
10. He will always join you in laughing at a funny joke. Even if he missed the punchline. (Pictured above laughing with my mom).
Up next: My daughter. She’s pretty awesome too.