*UPDATE: I’m blown away by the response to this series. Please note I now have a “revamped” version of this list with graphic prompts designed by Erica from CrashNotes. You can use them to turn your blogs into a printed 8×8 book for yourself/ family. Here’s the link to that updated post*
My blog has always been mostly a journal for me, but I also like to think that someday, my kids can look back and read this and laugh (hopefully when they are much, much older, considering some of my content in the past). My kids know me as “Mom” but I also want them to know I’m Jennifer, my own person, and I’ve been living my own life and learning from my experiences. I’m hoping this little journey of writing exercises will be something I can share with them someday to help them get to know another side of me.
I found a great list of 30 things to ask your spouse on Pinterest but my initial thought when reading it was “hmm, I’d like my daughter (and little son/daughter(s) to-be) to know some of these things (and more).” I altered a good third or so to fit the type of things I’d like them to know, and taking out things I thought weren’t relevant or wouldn’t be as interesting for them and created 30 things my kids should know about me. (Or shouldn’t, depending who you ask).
The idea is 30 things in 30 days, and while I’d love to do that, I’m not sure I’ll be so proficient. Especially being Christmas time, keeping up with pregnancy updates, and other random things. So I’m aiming for writing about these 30 things in 60ish days. Feel free to join along in this new list if ya like. I’ll link to my posts as I write them.
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears (graphic version)
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse. (graphic version)
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. What’s the hardest part of growing up?
14. Describe 5 and weaknesses strengths you have.
15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how I fell in love.
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What do you think your spouse loves most about you?
19. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. Describe your relationship with your parents.
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
24. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?
29. What are your hopes and dreams for your prosperity?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
Want to play along? I’d love to read your lists! Link to your blog journal here:
(If the linky list isn’t working please add your link to the comments!)