Apr
2017

Belief

I believe anything is possible.

I believe in so many things I’ve never seen and I have so much hope. Hope for the world, our future, and hope that someday it’ll all make sense. Hope that eventually there will be peace.

Maybe that’s why it’s not so hard for me to believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the belief that we will all live again too. Today my family is celebrating this belief on a day we call Easter.

I teach a class of 16 and 17 year olds and I often ask them how they’ve been a missionary and if they’ve shared some of their beliefs with their friends. I felt it was time I asked myself the same question.

I’m a Mormon. I don’t grasp everything about the religion. Actually, there’s a lot I don’t quite get, but I’m always trying to understand, learn more, and do better. We believe in a Jesus Christ and celebrate Easter.

I love learning about people who are different than me. Specifically those who practice different religions. It is fascinating learning what really inspires someone. I believe listening and getting to know people who are different from ourselves is a big part of becoming more compassionate and accepting of others. I believe fear holds us back. The simple act of asking a question, or reaching out can help us overcome that fear.

I’m only an email or comment away if you have any questions or want to share your own beliefs with me! And if you want to learn more about my religion from a better resource than myself, check out this website.

Another part I love about this day? An excuse to get my kids all dappered up for photos!

Happy Easter!

Dressed up all dapper for Easter 2017.

Interracial Family Easter photo for 2017. Sharing my beliefs.

(Poor Lil’ J saw a bee right before this photo and was still scared half to death. 3/4 of us look good though so it counts as a win.)

Tags: , , ,

Reesa Lewandowski says:

Happy Easter! Your children look beautiful, as do you and your husband!

Star Traci says:

You have a beautiful family. We celebrated our faith yesterday, too. We are Catholic and believe in having open hearts to share our beliefs, as well.
Happy Easter to you and yours. Thank you for sharing your faith.
🙂
Traci

Thank you Star. I’m hoping to learn a more about the Catholic faith as well!

Ashley says:

Beautiful photos for Easter! I was out of town and my husband forgot to take photos. I might have to do a re-do this weekend!

Yes! Better late than never! There’s still time! 🙂

Paula Atwell says:

Lovely shots. Your kids are real hams for the camera. Adorable.

Thank you Paula! My daughter especially. haha

Stephanie Jeannot says:

You all looked so nice for Easter. Thank you for sharing this. I did not know much about the Mormon faith.

Thanks so much Stephanie. And yea! I’m not sure I’d know so much if we didn’t practice it!

Keikilani says:

Gorgeous family and beautiful photos! The clothes are just too adorable.

Thank you so much! Their grandma hooked us up! 😀

Dawn Nieves says:

You have such a beautiful family! Your kids look adorable in their Easter outfits. I love all your photos! I never took family Easter photos but I think I need to change that this weekend.

You’re so sweet Dawn, thank you so much! You can totally do some this weekend!

Janelle says:

I enjoy reading your blogs and seeing your beautiful family! I’m happy to hear that you believe in the resurrection of Jesus! My family believes in Jesus too. We believe He is the Son of God and that we can only have eternal life through Him. We go to a Pentecostal church and also believe in God the Father and the Holy Sprit as well.