Tracking Pixel

I’ve partnered with the Vaseline team to share a few ideas I have about me time.

How is your start to the year going so far? Keeping those new year goals? Admittedly I haven’t been 100% with mine. I am drinking a lot more water but I’d still like to drink more. *Takes a quick chug break*. When it comes to waking up earlier… I haven’t done a fantastic job of that so far. But I have been practicing piano every day and improving. Want proof? Ok ok you twisted my arm… This will serve as my January progress share. Name that tune:

Other than these things, the kids and I have gotten more involved in giving back in our community, and we are reading an immense amount of books together.

I feel like this month of homeschool has gone smoothly as it’s been the first month in a while that we haven’t traveled anywhere. Some days when we are done with our schoolwork we’ll still spend hours sitting and reading together, or out exploring at a park. I’m loving the experiences I’m getting with my kids but it’s been difficult for me to carve out time for myself.

When my daughter was in school full time I felt like she could use a break when she got home. So I was fine letting her watch the iPad while I got some work done. Now I feel like I could and should always be doing something more to help them learn. So even when school is over and done I feel guilty pulling away.

Then after homeschool, deadlines, activities, dinner and bedtime I’m completely wiped out. By the end of the day I’m debating which sounds most appealing: Me time, or sleep. Sleep almost always wins. Problem is, I think it’s making me feel more stressed and overwhelmed. It’s back to back tasks, sleep, repeat. I think I need some breaks in there.
I’ve thought of a few things I can do for myself when I’m debating a nap or early bedtime. These don’t need to take a lot of time, but I think it’ll help me decompress from the day before I jump back in again.

Cherish 365: The days are long but the years are short. A project to making moments last and cherish every day.

Here’s what I’m thinking:

1. Physical activity: A walk, short workout, a game of Just Dance, or as my husband is trying to get me into–Kickboxing. Hitting my activity goal is going to be an item on my “me time list” (but if I’m keeping it real, it probably won’t be my main go-to). But those endorphins though…
2. Bubble bath + Netflix: Actually washing my makeup off, exfoliating followed by moisturizing my skin to make it buttery smooth. I’m not getting any younger and I need to take better care of my skin so I can still look 30 when I’m 50. I believe Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™ and a lot of water will help.
3. Daily gratitude: I’ve been on and off working in a gratitude journal. Last Sunday I taught a lesson to the youth at church about noticing God’s hand in our lives and taking note. I can be so forgetful of the special events that happen each day but I don’t want to be. I want to look back and remember them, so I need to jot them down.

Journal-keeping tips. Places to store special cards and notes.

Meditation is another habit I want to work in. But I need to do it when I’m not completely exhausted to make sure I don’t fall asleep in the process.

What do you do when you get some time alone?

I think it’s important to make time to refresh and rejuvenate so I can bounce back into our daily hustle, that’s why I partnered with Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™ to give myself a much-needed reminder about self-care. With pure cocoa butter and Vaseline Jelly, it moisturizes to help heal dry skin to reveal its natural glow. It absorbs fast for a non-greasy feel and every purchase of Vaseline® lotion (or jelly) in the U.S. will help support Direct Relief through a buy one to help heal one promotion!

Tags:

Nicole says:

I write during my me time too! I also like walking and trying new things.
Nicole recently posted..The Bucket List: Creating a Lifetime of Amazing MemoriesMy Profile

Writing is a big one! I love doing that too.

Jasmine says:

Gratitude journal work for me! Helps center my thoughts and its great way to remind myself how lucky I truly am. 🙂
Jasmine recently posted..Classic Tuna Pasta SaladMy Profile

Kristin says:

Exercise is definitely my favorite form of me time. I’ve been running outside 4 times a week and it’s helping so much!

Milena says:

I feel you on so many of these points. I too haven’t been 100% since New Years, but I’m trying. It seems like you are doing just fine! ( I need to grab a nice alone time bath time soon! It’s been too long!)
Milena recently posted..Things I Learned at the Women’s March on The WalkwayMy Profile

Lee Orlian says:

You are doing a great job! I’m a mother of 2 and I can relate to your ideas about ‘me time’. Our breaks are also our time for renewal and my focus is on decompressing. For me that’s the only way to stay present and make decisions with clarity during the day. I’m grateful that I found this post. Thank you for sharing!

Patricia says:

Such a great post dear. I’m all about all of this. We need to be mindful about ourselves. Thanks for the reminder dear!