I was straightening up in the kitchen when my daughter runs up to me with a folded 10-dollar-bill in her hand.

She says: Here mommy, I want you to have this.
She says: Aww, thank you baby, but I don’t need your money.
She says: Yes, you do. I want you to have it, because I want you to always have money.
She says: That’s sweet baby girl, but it’s ok. It’s your money, you can put this back in your piggy bank.
She says: No, I want to give it to you. Because when we’re at the store and you say you don’t have any money, you can have money.

piggybankIt was then I realized that her generous offer actually had selfish motives.

When we are out and she asks for something I don’t feel like buying, I ask her if she remembered to bring her money. She looks at each of her empty hands with exasperation and frustration.

“Sorry, I didn’t bring my money either,” I tell her. Technically I use my cards but I excuse my fib by thinking of it in a literal sense, and since it’s normally a vending machine she’s making requests at, it’s the truth.

I guess paying me off is one way to make sure she gets what she wants when she wants it.

Tags: , , , ,

Kathy says:

I love that she figured out to be prepared by giving you her money, that was very well thought out by her.

Thanks for your comment! Haha, yes, and another time I found a $20 bill in my gym bag. I thought it fell out of my wallet or something, but I had forgotten that I asked her to pack the bag so we could go swimming when I got home. So when she asked if she could get a juice out of the machine at the gym she was like “Oh I brought my money!” Then I realized she put the 20 in there. I got her one with my money cause I was so impressed my her cleverness.

Mari Corona says:

I see great things in that little ladies future love the share!!!!
Mari Corona recently posted..Insight or Flight; Open for discussion Part IMy Profile

I hope so! Thank you!

Ty says:

Haha, that’s too funny, but very thoughtful for her to plan ahead lol.

J said is catching on quick! LOL.
K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy recently posted..Thankful ThursdayMy Profile

She gives me so much material! haha.

Jessica says:

Hilarious!….too smart for her own good….
Jessica recently posted..Bye bye babyMy Profile

She really is. I hope this means she’ll be a chemist or something some day.

Mary says:

Haha I’m a chemist by training, I have my PhD in chemistry but I do more invitro non chemistry stuff for a living. Anyways, I do the same, and I know the sad face when she realizes that she didn’t bring her money. My daughter told me to use my cards once and she would press the buttons (target debit card). Another time she had $20 in her coat pocket at the store. One time, she was playing with a wand (around 2.5 yrs) in the store, and her wish was for her daddy to have lots of money. She stopped everyone in their tracks for that one!!

Though the initial cost of the equipment is more, it
offers valuable service. Far and away the most important set of signifiers you send are those that convey weakness or
strength in a man. Having these at the ready will help make your meetings go much
quicker.
grants for home buyers recently posted..grants for home buyersMy Profile

Cecilia says:

Homeowners seeking to refinance should also be aware that there are still appraisal title
searches and application fees just like the original financing.
You’ll be able to learn the right way to go about borrowing in the most
effective way where bad credit mortgage loans are concerned and all that you need
to be prepared for when seeking sub prime financing resources.
Many banks have simply canceled their sub-prime loan programs, resulting in millions of borrowers effectively being shut out of the mortgage market.

my weblog :: house mortgage (Cecilia)
Cecilia recently posted..CeciliaMy Profile

Ken says:

can sometimes take a little while longer then you have to
close (anywhere from 30 days to never). These money lenders are least bothered about your credit or income.
Hard Money (Ken) loans are for a shorter
term than conventional bank loans.
Ken recently posted..KenMy Profile

The Chinese have been culturing freshwater blister pearls (pearls that
grow underneath the mantle on the inside of the animal’s shell) since the 13th century,
but Kokichi Mikimoto, a Japanese man, is credited with developing modern pearl culturing techniques.
A: The shape of the freshwater pearl is determined
by the nucleation bead. The latter configuration is similar
to the layout seen with standard piano keys.

my web page :: pearl bracelets
pearl bracelets recently posted..pearl braceletsMy Profile